Indianapolis, IN, United States
Lab technicians work for Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI), a dental support organization that provides non-clinical support services to Aspen Dental-branded practices. As a lab technician with ADMI, you’ll work on-site in a modern practice handcrafting high-quality full and partial dentures. With state-of-the-art equipment and instruments on site, you’ll have the best tools at your disposal. You’ll also enjoy regular hours, technical training, a competitive salary and benefit package as well as the opportunity to advance into a managerial role.
You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of in-house denture fabrication to ensure 100% patient satisfaction. There will be hands-on interaction with the licensed dentist providers from impression through delivery.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
Fabricate high quality denture prosthetics.
Complete prosthetic repairs, relines and re-bases.
Operate within all company-established protocols
Preparation of laboratory supply orders while staying within determined budgetary guidelines.
Collaborate with dentists to ensure optimum patient satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience
Advanced training in dental lab technology preferred.
Minimum 2 years proven experience with the complete fabrication of quality prosthetic denture products from start to finish.
Lawrence, IN, United States
As a Hygienist with an Aspen Dental-branded practice, you are not only making a statement that you are committed to providing quality dental care but you are also becoming a part of a collaborative network of dental professionals. For an estimated 47 million Americans, lack of access to affordable dental care is a real problem and by aligning with an Aspen Dental practice you can be part of the solution. Commitment to continuous development and promoting from within means your career path is limitless. We're on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. Hygienists who join an Aspen practice work for a licensed dentist and live that mission every day by supporting the clinical needs of your practice's patients and doctors. Not only can you maximize your career potential, but you can make a real difference in the lives of patients.
Evaluates overall oral health, examining oral cavity for signs of periodontal disease or possible cancers, including sores, recessed & bleeding gums, and oral lesions.
Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow up on results.
Follows through with oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed by the attending Dentist. Procedures may include: Prophylaxis, Periodontal Scaling, Root Planing, Debridement, Application of Fluoride Treatments, and Application of Protective Sealants.
Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
Richmond, IN, United States
• Welcomes all patients to the Office by their name; provides a personal introduction.
• Accepts first hand-off from the PSC Scheduling Center by reading check-in notes and acknowledges comments or concerns communicated by the patient to the PSC Scheduling Center Agent.
• Educates patients on the completion of patient intake forms.
• Confirms, updates, and verifies all patient demographic and clinically necessary information.
• Obtains and updates patient insurance information.
• Assembles charts for all new patients.
• Reviews and updates the Patient Verification Form (PVF) for existing patients.
• Educates patients on next steps; performs patient hand-off to the Dental Assistant or clinician.
• Monitors patients’ waiting times; takes appropriate action to resolve patient flow issues, acknowledges wait times with patients, and offers solutions to accommodate patients’ needs.
• Partners with the Office team to ensure patients’ visits exceed expectations; takes appropriate action when visits do not exceed those expectations.
• Partners with the Office team to onboard and train new team members.
• Updates treatment plan information in the company system at the direction of the treating Doctor; collects and posts patient payments.
• Partners with the PSC Scheduling Center to appoint patients with a sense of urgency, ensuring access for walk-in and emergency patients.
• Partners with the Office Manager and Doctors to optimize the patient schedule and flow; ensures patients are scheduled according to the Doctor’s A/B scheduling preferences.
• Monitors dashboard reports for late patient arrivals, and missed appointments; follows-up with patients to confirm arrival or reschedule for same day or next available appointment.
• Monitors dashboard and completes daily patient appointment confirmations, PSC Click And Respond, (CAR) requests, and completes insurance verifications.
• Performs general office duties; mail distribution; filing and pulling of patient charts; daily chart audits; ordering of office supplies; daily shipping and receiving and shredding of protected health information.
• Maintains a safe, clean, and professional reception area including patient entrances, waiting areas and bathrooms.
• Education Level: High School or equivalent
• Job Related/Industry Experience: None
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and company operational systems
• Physical Requirements: Mostly walking, talking, standing, and updating information in computer systems