CENTRAL FLORIDA HEALTH CARE, INC
Title: Dental Hygienist
Recommended by: _______________________ Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: ________Non-Exempt__________ Reports to: Senior Hygienist
Personnel Supervised: None
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a working level position- working under general direction- applying discretion and latitude in performance of various tasks associated with dental hygiene in a clinical or public health setting. Incumbents must be licensed as a Dental Hygienist in the state of Florida to perform this job.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of dental hygiene
Licensed as a Dental Hygienist in the state of Florida
Principles, theories, and practices of dentistry
Principles, theories, and practices of radiology
Principles, theories, and practices of dental hygiene
Current valid BLSC certification
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS Including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be familiar with CFHC’s program philosophies, goals, and objectives. Be cognizant of and comply with all CFHC’s policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Complete all required paperwork on time. (Timesheets, encounter ticket, evaluations, progress note, etc.).
- Understand the requirements of CFHC’s Exposure Control Plan. Assure compliance with this plan by support staff assigned to assist you. Personally utilize universal precautions when practicing in the clinical setting.
- Participate in staff outreach and off-site health care programs requiring dental services as requested by the Director of Dental Services. Represent CFHC in the community.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom care/services are being provided.
- Provide necessary information and signatures for participation in reimbursement arrangements, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and other plans.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing requirements. Provide accurate coding information on encounter tickets that corresponds to care given and documented in progress notes.
- Rotate to other CFHC centers as needed to provide coverage.
- Report as needed to the Director of Dental Services any pertinent information or situations that impact on patient care or CFHC liability.
- Attend and participate in mandatory CFHC meetings (Center Specific quarterly meetings, corporate meetings, and other meetings as designated by the Director of Dental Services). Report dental issues at the Dental Meetings.
- Review and update dental provider protocols and participate in Quality Assurance programs to minimize risk, in collaboration with the Director of Dental Services.
- Participate in Peer Review activities as requested by the Director of Dental Services
- Make recommendations to the Senior Hygienist regarding the purchase of dental supplies, instruments and equipment, and repair and /or maintenance of these.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other members of the dental team. Be supportive of coworkers.
- Apply dental hygiene techniques-including removal of calculus, plaque and accretions above and below the gingival margin.
- Teach home care oral hygiene instructions and/or apply dental fluoride varnishes.
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing: read and understand information presented in writing.
- Maintain neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Perform all surgical procedures using sterile techniques and CDC guidelines.
- Carry out any other activities deemed appropriate by the Director of Dental Services.