All positions in our office are responsible for supporting the dental team in creating relationships with all patients who encounters our practice.
Primary job duties include: Clinical treatment of patients for health and periodontal disease.
We are looking for a full or part-time Dental Hygienist to help treat patients and promote good oral health practices. As a Hygienist on our team, you should be reliable and able to build trust with patients of all ages. You should have deep knowledge of relevant health and safety rules and a good eye for oral diseases and anomalies. If you are sociable, can effectively communicate, are proactive, dependable and like to go the extra mile our team will appreciate you. If you love people and have a passion for dental health, we want to meet you!
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible
- Thoroughly review medical history including blood pressure reading
- Conduct initial oral health screenings to include periodontal probing, IO photos, existing restorative charting
- Conclude a dental hygiene diagnosis to review with the doctor for dental diagnosis
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, periodontitis and active decay
- Provide appropriate care for dental health including prophy, gingivitis or periodontitis
- Apply sealants when indicated
- Apply fluoride when indicated
- Educate patients of all ages on proper oral hygiene
- Give instructions to patients after hygiene or restorative treatments
- Take necessary radiographs according to ALARA
- Discuss restorative needs with patients to help them understand the reason for restoration when indicated
- Maintain thorough documentation and charting on each patient using Eaglesoft
- Enter both existing treatment and restorative needs as determined by the doctor using Eaglesoft
- Enter and phase treatment planning as needed in Eaglesoft for presentation by our business team
- Monitor hygiene supplies
- Stock and clean as able
- Assist with sterilization as able
- Must have valid license to practice